Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Little Under the Radar, A Lot Alarming

With your co-pay, your vaccination is only $25 today, citizen Zek.

.
I live in a small town, and heard this on the local country music station's morning talk show. I will admit I was busy enough today that I did not get to listen to much news, but the little I did hear did not deal with this subject. They are so worried about the H1N1 virus in Iowa that they have prepared a "Facility Quarantine Order". And no, this is not a joke. Here is the link to the form on the CDC website.

http://www2a.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/Facility%20Quarantine%20Order%20novelflu%20filled%20in%204-30-09.pdf


Are quarantines really going to be necessary with this "epidemic"? Where are the provisions for parents to be with their children during quarantine? Can you request your own doctor for treatment? Lots of questions....

I know that this is a state form, but do you think it is something approved by His Highness? Is it just me, or has this Abomination, I mean administration, begun to eat up our liberties like Clinton went through Big Macs and big interns?

Well, on the bright side, it looks like you get three hots and a cot. I wonder if it will be taxed as income like the handout associated with the 'Cash for Clunkers' program?

J-Summ says it sounds a little like the relocation program a certain segment of Europe's racial and religious population got free one way train tickets for in the 30's.

It doesn't take much imagination to think that things might be starting to play out a little like the plot from Stephen King's novel, 'The Stand.'

2 comments:

  1. I loved both the book and the movie. We are in the midst of a battle between good and evil. I just hope and pray that it plays out the way "The Stand" did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If enough people say, "no" it won't happen. If we're lemmings and run into the sea following each other - and drown - then, sadly, we deserve to drown.

    ReplyDelete